Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Blessed

  I am so blessed.  Bluebirds have moved in again, I'm almost positive it's the same pair that were here in 2012, which means they are pretty old for wild birds.  But, they are nesting in the same place, Mrs Bluebird is acting the same way as in the past, checking herself out in all the windows.  Although, she isn't bashing into the windows like last time, so maybe it isn't the same pair, either that or she got smarter.  Who knows.  It is fun listening to them talking as they are bustling around setting up house in the corner of the eve of our house.  Not all Bluebirds need a real "bluebird" house it seems.  These two are making a home on a couple of boards nailed up to the rafters that are 24 inches apart.  So they have a very wide space to build in.  The babies will have a nice "patio" in which to hang out on while they get their wings operational.
  There are a lot of song birds up here this year.  Way more than in the past.  It's so nice when I go outside to hear them all talking away.  Since my cat Reggie died a couple of weeks ago, there won't be a cat stalking and killing birds anymore.  He did in quite a few Junkos earlier this spring.  I think I'm going to stay away from cats for a while.  The neighbors' cats come around at night, so they can get the mice and other rodents that are out then.
  Two cashmere babies are born now.  Cedric on the 10th, and Ace on the 14th.  Both are doing well.  On my Instagram page "cashmereannie", you can see lots of pictures of these two, and most of what is happening around here.  

  The last couple of days have been beautiful summer days.  The garden is starting to come up.  I see some peas emerging.  John is in charge of all the gardening, except the flowers, this year, so I'm not sure what all he has planted, or in what beds.  I know another greenhouse in is the works.  Too bad I don't eat what comes out of them.  Peppers, tomatoes and eggplants are not high on my list of foods I like.  They are way at the bottom, or not even on it.
  I've been getting a few commissions for needle felted animals.  2 skunks, a camel, a couple of bears, a white buffalo, and a dog.  Just have a skunk left to do.  I have some other animals for sale on my website, please check them out.
  Time to get back to working on the skunk....

No comments:

Post a Comment