Monday, March 28, 2016

Kidding season has started!

 Here's Frosty, he was born on March 13th to Mandy.  Then Wilma had Winnie on the 15th.  Both of them are doing really well.  They are so cute.
 Then Oreo had her twins, Oscar and Olive, on Easter Sunday.  They are doing well, considering that
it is snowy and cold out again.  They get chilled every time they come out of their little spool house to eat and move around.  Oreo is a good mom though, and is taking pretty good care of them.  I've had to give all three does some parsley to slow down the milk flow a bit.  Everyone is doing fine now.  Now the real fun begins.  there are 8 does all due in the same 3 days!  Hope they don't all go at the same time, I don't think I could handle that. :-)

I've started the annual spring clean up around here.  It's scary sometimes what shows up as the snow melts away.  It's all gone now except out in the woods in spots.  Well, we will probably wake up to a little bit of white in the morning.

I'm almost done with the combing already.  It's rather strange not having the dehairing machine now.  I'm going to have to send it off to be dehaired.  Not sure where yet.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Mills seem to come and go pretty often, so I don't even know for sure right now who is in business still.  I haven't been paying attention to that since I had the machine and was doing my own.  Guess I'll have to do some research on it now.

Well, that's it for now.  Happy Spring!  There will be more kid pictures as they come along.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Annie - I know what you mean about that big reveal when the snow melts ;)
    Glad your first 2016 kids are doing well, and I hope the rest don't some in rapid succession like a chorus line!
    If I ever manage to get over to their place I'm going to ask some breeders in town to show me the fiber they had dehaired at that new mill in KY. Let's keep in touch about options we hear of.
    I know you do your own spinning, but this is the year I MUST send my collection of raw fiber to a mill and get some yarn made.

    ReplyDelete