Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Goats are good

Fancy and Carmel are having fun playing. They are so fun to watch! Dottie is all better and back to her normal cantankerous self. ☺ I let them out into the pasture for an hour today, and all are fine. The cashmeres got to come into the yard again. They are great lawn mowers. Especially around the fence lines.
I got another garden bed done today. Also crocheted on the hat I'm custom making for someone. Hope they like it! It was laundry day today, too. The sun was shining for the most part, and it was half-way warm with a breeze. A good day to hang the clothes out on the line to dry!
I strung up thin baling twine in the turkey pen to keep the ravens and hawks out. It seems to be working. I watched a raven today flying up there and checking everything out. It did not go under the twine. So I think future hatching of baby turkeys will have a much better chance at survival. There are still two hens sitting, so I hope there will be at least 10 babies that make it to adulthood.
I have some irises about to bloom. The peonies are getting close, too. The tulips are starting to fade away slowly. They are still putting on quite a show, though. The daffodils are still blooming, too. We are having a late spring this year. We should have a late fall, too.
Well, that's it for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment