Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial week-end




Here are Wilbur and Toby reaching through the fence to get the better grass, since we all know the grass is always greener on the other side. Longer, anyway, in this case. These two are cute, they each have one ear that sticks straight out and one that flops down. I'm rather glad they are boys, since neither one is breeding quality. They probably will have nice cashmere, so I'll keep them as wethers and then sell them next year for fiber animals to a spinner somewhere.

I pulled a muscle in my back last week, so that has really slowed me down as far as shoveling out the goat pens and re-doing the garden beds. Luckily we have been getting rain, so I can't work outside much, anyway.

I've been spinning and crocheting. I dyed a cashmere/silk blend skein of yarn jade green, and now I'm crocheting a lacy scarf with it. It is going to be really pretty! I'm still working on my neice's afghan, too.

I made a new soap packaging product. Gift bags with three 3-oz soaps of different scents. Hope they go over well.
I didn't get to do the farmers' market today. It was raining. So, I'll try it out next week, if the weather is cooperative.
I've ridden my bike three times now. I have 20 miles on it, so far. The last ride was 9 miles on the bike path. That is a really nice path! Very easy to ride on. One of these days I'll start in Kila and go all the way to town and back. I'm building up to it slowly.
We've been getting a lot of rain the last two days. There is almost 2 inches of water in the rain gauge now! It can quit any time. June will be a rainy month, too. More so than this one, I think. The grass will grow good, anyway. Should be a good hay year, if it doesn't rain after the 4th of July for a couple of weeks so the farmers can get it cut and baled.
Thursday we had lunch with one of my nephews. He's the same kid, only grown up. He's doing well for himself, and he is about to become a dad. His wife is due in September. It was really good to see him. I hope I can see all of my neices and nephews in the next couple of years.
Well, that's about it for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment