Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer is finally here! It is warm and sunny, the mud is drying up and the mosquitoes are thicker than ever before. The grass is growing now, and the goats are happy campers.

The garden is starting to grow. I'm almost done making the new beds in there. The flowers are all doing really well this year. All that rain did wonders for them. This place is starting to look pretty good now.

Yesterday when I was using the grass clippers to trim the grass in the iris bed, I managed to cut a chunk out of the tip of one of my fingers. Ouch! It took quite a while before the blood quit flowing. I had to lay on the couch with my arm sticking straight up in the air for a while before it finally quit. Now I have a cumbersome bandage around the end of my finger. Hope it heals quickly. It's hard to type without using that finger. ☺ Or do anything else, for that matter.

The goats are in the upper pasture for two weeks now. I'm doing a two week rotation. There is lots for them to eat up there right now.

Last evening we heard a mountain lion growling over in the neighbor's place. The goats were up on the hill behind the house when that happened. They ran into their pens pretty quickly. I went out and walked the fenceline over that way, making lots of noise and trying to scare it away. I was successful, at least for the time being. The deer are back, so that means the lion has left.

I'm waiting for the last doe to have her kid. The only accidental pregnancy this year. She's due on the 1st, so it could come any day now. Hope it comes out easily, the hand that would help is the one that is hurt, so I can't be reaching in to pull anything out!

Well, that's pretty much all that is noteworthy around here for now. More as it happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment