Saturday, February 17, 2024

Weaving

 

I wove a colorful tablecloth for our bistro table and a matching bigger one for our folding table that we use when we have company.  I've decided to add a lot more color into our house.  I like bright colors, but like most Americans, I use pretty neutral colors in the house.  After having a helpxer from India here last fall who told me that it was rather sad how dull everything is in America, houses, furnishings, etc. I decided to embrace my love of color into just about everything in my life.  My fiber shed is getting painted this summer with a very bright, wild color scheme. At least I think it will. Could be interesting. :-)  My weaving might get brighter more often, too.

We've gone back to a real winter now.  Close to a foot of snow and colder temps more like a normal year.  The last two days have been bright sunny days.  This time of year, sunshine is very welcome!


  Lily doesn't really fit in this tub very well.  It's warm and dry, so she's taking advantage of it to stay out of the mucky hay. Goats are the greatest wasters of hay on the planet.  I'll betcha there is at least a ton of it wasted every year around here.  Makes for good compost, though.  We get a new mountain of it every year when I clean out the pens.  Grows great veggies!  

Well, that's it for now.  I'm going to go out and get some of that sun and water everyone while the faucet is thawed out.  

Hope you all are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment