Monday, February 13, 2023

I'm back!!!  I might start posting regularly now again. It's been awhile!  I've been weaving a lot, doing some spinning, and hand dehairing cashmere. A very time consuming occupation!  

Since last writing, Cloud has passed away. Rocky is now guarding everyone solo. We have more neighbors, so the predators have moved to less populated areas for the most part. The guineas have decreased.  An owl or two got a couple of them, one froze her legs off in December when it got down to -25 degrees.  Not sure why she was the only one damaged, she was beside the others up in the tree.  They are all fine. We now have 5 guineas is all.  

The goats are all doing quite well.  I've downsized the herd by quite a bit. Counting everyone, there are 30 goats on the place. I have 20 goats that I am harvesting their cashmere from. That's about half or more of what I used to do!  But, with feed prices doubling, me getting a bit older, and lots of things going on, having fewer goats is a good thing right now.  

I'm really enjoying weaving. I think I like that better than spinning and way more than crocheting for sure.  I still love to spin, but weaving is the best now.  I do get Analisis paralyses when I look at all the colors of yarns I have.  So many to choose from, I have a hard time deciding what to do.  Then all of a sudden one day, something clicks and a project is created. I've still got my Etsy shop, Wild Mountain Handmade that I have some things listed in. I seem to sell more locally and to the Hipcampers that stay here, than on Etsy. But I do have a few sales.  I just did a bit of an update on there and will be adding some handspun yarn again soon. One thing about it, the fiber arts is not a fast modality. It is rather Zen like when you get a rhythm going and things are going well though. 

The hipcamp thing was a lot slower last year than the previous two years. There are quite a few new sites that are less remote than our place on there now, so I think that is keeping campers away from here.  We'll give it another year or two and see what happens.  It's been wonderful meeting all the campers and visiting with them. That has been fun! Everyone has been quite nice, and they've kept a clean campsite, so my job cleaning after they leave has been pretty easy.  

Well, that's the update for now. I'll post again pretty soon with some pictures. Babies will be born starting next month and into April, so there will be pictures of those. What I've woven, too. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ann, good to hear from you. Not many blog anymore. I see you are down a guard dog. Are you looking for another one? A friend needs to re-home her 9 month old GP.

    ReplyDelete