Sunday, August 27, 2017

My critters are in an Exhibit in Bigfork!

 Exciting times!  4 of my needle felted animals made their way into an Exhibit at the Bigfork Art and Cultural Center called "Uncommon Thread". It runs till mid-September.  There are so many seriously talented fiber artists in this area, it's amazing.
 I didn't get pictures of everything, just the main waterfall and my animals. There are some amazing felted, knitted, crocheted, and woven items in this exhibit!  The walls of the room are covered in beautiful, gorgeous wearable articles, and wall hangings, too!
 My four contributions are a mountain lion (below), a mountain goat and grizzly bear on the top of the waterfall, and the three bears sculpture in the first picture.  I was afraid they would look awful, but they fit in okay.  Mine are some of the smallest felted animals there.  One thing about it, even though there are three or four other needle felters there, we aren't competing, each of us has a different style that is unique.  Even if we made the exact same thing, it wouldn't look exactly the same.  I really don't think there is really any competition in the fiber arts, or any arts.  Each artist is unique and has their own style.  There is room for everyone...
I do need to work on my marketing though.  Mine are the only ones without a hang tag on them!  I do have cards and a brochure out there, but they aren't attached to the animals. Something to work on in the next month or so....

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Ann! How nice to have an active community of creative folks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is really nice to have such a group around here. This is an artistic hotbed here in the Flathead Valley and surrounding area.

    ReplyDelete